The Affordable Care Act gave health insurance to millions of Americans by shifting resources from the wealthy to the poor and by moving oversight from states to the federal government. The Senate bill introduced Thursday pushes back forcefully on both dimensions.
Americans are learning the hard way. If you allow your government to mess with Vladimir Putin you may lose your health insurance. - Richard W. Painter
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam Trump
- Shut Al-Jazeera, Isolate Iran: 13 Demands on Qatar to End Crisis
- Russian warships fire missiles at ISIS in Syria
- Who Is Spying on the US? German Intelligence Had American Surveillance Targets, Says Report
- London Fire Could Result in Manslaughter Charges, UK Police Say
President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner is in the Middle East to broker a historic peace between Israel and the Palestinians. Kushner thinks real progress will start once both sides stop laughing. - Conan O'Brien
Hmm. Have The "Implants" Been Triggered Yet?
President Obama, angered by Russian hacking during the 2016 elections, authorized a covert cyber operation to deploy "implants" in Russian networks that could be triggered remotely in retaliation to any future cyber aggression by Moscow
Now here’s some news from my home country. In her latest speech her majesty the queen did not mention Donald Trump’s state visit to the U.K., leading some to speculate that it may have been canceled. So apparently two can play this whole travel ban game. - James Corden
- Trump congratulates himself for influencing Comey's testimony with White House tapes ruse
- Never mind Trump and Russia: GOP still longs to investigate Obama, Hillary Clinton and Loretta Lynch
- Trump calls for unity while hosting congressional picnic
- Fact check: Trump makes misleading claims at Iowa rally
- GOP rep: No regrets for partly blaming Obama for lawmaker shooting
- Rick Perry wrongly downplays human role in climate change
- Jets owner Woody Johnson asked to be US ambassador to the UK
- NH fetal homicide bill unintentionally gives pregnant women impunity to murder
- Read the Senate Republican health care bill (full text)
Mitch McConnell wants to force a Senate vote on healthcare before July 4, because if there’s one day you want to take away people’s healthcare, it’s the day when they get drunk and set off fireworks. - Jimmy Fallon
Kellyanne Can't Spin Anymore. Her Comment Makes No Sense.
Kellyanne Conway, a top adviser to President Donald Trump, attempted to spin a question about Russian interference in the 2016 election by saying people who questioned whether Trump could win had actually meddled with the campaign.
In Israel, a court ruled that a religious man cannot force a woman to move seats on an airplane just because he’s afraid of having accidental physical contact with her. It was the landmark case of Israel vs. Mike Pence. - Conan O'Brien
Sounds Like Trump's White House Counsel Is On The Way Out
White House counsel Don McGahn has largely stepped back from managing Donald Trump's response to the expanding Russia investigation, but that hasn't stopped the president from lashing out at him about it anyway.
"If God made anything better than women, I think he kept it for himself." –Kris Kristofferson
Rock The Voter News
- Clinton tells supporters to speak out against ObamaCare repeal bill
- California Travel Ban Extended to Four More States Over Anti-LGBT Laws
- Sanders' wife hires lawyer amid bank fraud investigation
I would blame Nancy Pelosi for Ossoff's loss, but I'm not a sexist asshole who throws women under the bus when things don't go my way. - Charles Clymer
I'd Have More Respect For Bernie If He Stayed In The Democratic Party Instead Of Using It As A Stepping Stone To Run For President
"I speak as the longest serving independent in American congressional history, the Democratic brand is pretty bad," Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "AC360.
BERNIE: The Democratic brand is WORSE THAN TRUMP.
Really? Worse than gutting health care & deporting DREAMERS? - Mikel Jollet
- Oil marks longest streak of weekly declines since 2015
- Brexit: EU leader says UK offer could 'worsen situation'
- Sears to close 20 more stores as crisis continues
- Boeing Factory In South Carolina Where Trump 'Celebrated' Jobs Braces For Layoffs
I love money and all, but if you think your tax cut is worth people dying because they can't get healthcare, you might be a monster. - Danny Zuker
I'm So Old I Remember Mortgage Rates At 10% Under George H. W. Bush
Mortgage rates seem to be stuck in a holding pattern as they hover near yearly lows. According to the latest data released Thursday by Freddie Mac, the 30-year fixed-rate average slipped to 3.9 percent with an average 0.5 point...
Discovery Channel is promoting its upcoming Shark Week by promising to have Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps race a great white shark. But don’t tell him! It’s a surprise! - Seth Myers