A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire Wednesday at a park in Alexandria, Va., as Republican members of Congress held a morning baseball practice, wounding five people, including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (La.)...
People please let's wait til we learn how James Hodgkinson acquired the gun before we do nothing about preventing the next mass shooting. - John Fugelsang
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam Trump
- Donald Trump Jr. blames GOP whip’s shooting on Shakespeare production depicting president’s murder
- 5 People Shot, 2 Dead at UPS Facility in San Francisco
- Trump announces gunman dead, credits Capitol Police 'heroic actions' with saving lives
- Russian President Says Edward Snowden Did Not Leak US Intelligence to Moscow
- Russia’s weapon for disrupting power grids should be a wake-up call
- Tillerson asks for 'flexibility' in Russian sanctions
I can't overstate how shaken and emotional lawmakers are today. Everyone I've interviewed has broken into tears discussing the shooting. - Susan Davis, NPR reporter
Meanwhile In Syria
Intensified coalition air strikes have killed at least 300 civilians in the Syrian northern city of Raqqa since March, as U.S.-backed forces close in on the stronghold of Islamic State forces, U.N. war crimes investigators said on Wednesday.
President Trump held a Cabinet meeting today in which each Cabinet member took turns praising the president. After hearing this, Kim Jong Un said, “Man, even I’m not that insecure.” - Conan O'Brien
At this point it's kind of amazing other countries haven't travel banned us. - Danny Zucker
- NY Republican plans to start packing heat at the Capitol: ‘It’s going to be in my pocket’
- Fox host shames Newt Gingrich for blaming GOP baseball shooting on ‘vulgar’ Democrats
- Jeff Sessions's grilling highlights tension between chumminess of Senate, seriousness of Russia probe
- Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen says he’s been summoned to appear before House panel
- Southern Baptists are about to vote on a proposal to condemn white supremacy
- McCain walks back comments about American leadership being better under Obama
- Poll: Christie has lowest approval of any governor in 20 years
- Right-wing pastor says ‘amen’ when guest wants to see Gov. Jerry Brown ‘hanging from a rope’
- Pastor who demonized Obama as the antichrist calls for end to political demonization of Republicans
First lady Melania Trump and son Barron officially moved into the White House yesterday. Unfortunately, during the move, someone left the gate open and Sean Spicer ran away. - Seth Myers
Trump's Shell Game Revealed
The majority of real estate properties sold by President Trump’s corporations since he clinched the Republican nomination for president have been purchased by shell companies, a new investigation has found.
Karma Bites Republican Who Poisoned People
The head of the Michigan health department was charged Wednesday with involuntary manslaughter, the highest-ranking member of Gov. Rick Snyder's administration to be snagged in a criminal investigation of Flint's lead-contaminated water.
Not only did Russia hack our election, they were able to perpetuate an attack on the GOP resultin' in chronic memory loss! - Tea Pain
Since it came to light Sessions misled during his testimony in front of the Senate, I have called on him to resign. - Sen, Kamala Harris
Rock The Voter News
- Nearly 200 Congressional Dems File Emoluments Lawsuit Against Donald Trump
- Court Strikes Obama-Era Rule Capping Cost of Phone Calls From Prison
- Of course Hillary Clinton is a 'Wonder Woman' fan
According to a new poll, Americans find former FBI Director James Comey to be more trustworthy than President Trump. Also, more Americans prefer Pepsi to the bottle marked “rat poison.” - Seth Myers
Trump Can't Keep This Secret
The waiver to President Trump’s ethics pledge issued to White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon is “problematic,” the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) told inquiring lawmakers on Tuesday.
The issues stem from a waiver, posted to the White House website on May 31, that is unsigned, undated and lists the waiver as being retroactive to Trump's first day in office on Jan. 20.
- Trump tariffs could trigger job losses in Trump country
- Trump's newest Chinese trademarks: Religious clothing, advertising
- US retail sales slide 0.3% in May, the biggest drop in 16 months
- United employee caught on camera pushing 71-year-old passenger to the ground
Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta spoke to the press this afternoon and pushed for wider use of apprenticeship training for people who “learn better by doing.” Of course learning by doing [shows photo of Trump] doesn’t always work for everyone. - Seth Myers
Fox News Drops Fair & Balanced
Fox News is dropping its legendary trademark slogan “Fair and Balanced,” New York Magazine reported Wednesday.
A Fox News spokesperson confirmed to the magazine that the network is no longer using the slogan, but that the decision won’t impact programming or editorial decisions.
A birth control pill has been recalled due to a packaging error that puts placebo pills at the beginning of the pack rather than at the end. So pick up a pack today at Unplanned Parenthood. - Seth Myers