Republicans ramp up effort to block Gitmo transfers to their states
Republican state leaders and lawmakers are pushing back against the Pentagon's potential plans to relocate Guantanamo Bay detainees at prisons in their states.
"Simply put, we do not want them in our states," reads a letter from Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley sent Tuesday to Defense Secretary Ash Carter.
Before there were internet comment sections, racists had to be in rooms together.- LOLGOP
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Aid-starved Syria refugees desert Mideast for Europe
- The Latest: UN: 100 migrants rescued off Libya; 200 missing
- Stench of death as Austria finds truck loaded with migrant bodies
- Australian visa check operation dumped after community outrage
U.S. gun violence "dwarfs any deaths that happen through terrorism." - President Barack Obama
South Korean President Soars In Poll
Beset by crisis, scandal and a sluggish economy in the first half of her single five-year term, South Korean President Park Geun-hye's approval rating soared in a poll released on Friday after a pact with North Korea brought back the rivals from the brink of conflict.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event
- Univision CEO attacks Trump for ‘complete disregard’ for Hispanics
- Trump dumps insults on questioners, insists on control
- Planned Parenthood report says fetal tissue videos were distorted
- George Zimmerman: Virginia shootings are a ‘hate crime’ by black ‘pansy’ — and Obama’s an ‘ignorant baboon’
At a press conference yesterday, Donald Trump kicked out a Latino reporter but the man returned a few minutes later. Yeah, so already Trump's deportation plan isn't working.- Conan O'Brien
The Trump Surge Continues
Washington (AFP) - Billionaire Donald Trump extended his lead yet again atop the Republican presidential field, with front-running Democrat Hillary Clinton slipping and Vice President Joe Biden faring better than her against Republicans, poll results revealed Thursday.
How to be accused of 'wanting to ban guns' 1) Tweet support for popular gun safety reforms to save American lives. 2) Now wait for trolls.- John Fugelsang
TEA PARTY stands for "Total Economic Amnesia Permits Additional Republican Trickle-down, Y'all."- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Obama to people of New Orleans: You inspire me, and America
- On women's health, Clinton compares Republicans to 'terrorist groups'
- Sanders to tell DNC that 'establishment politics won't do it'
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year
Prosperity Gospel Preacher = God wants you to ignore Jesus and be rich so send me money now.- John Fugelsang
Sarah Palin Says ESPN Believes In Terrorists. Yes, She Said That.
Former GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin tore into ESPN on Thursday night on Facebook for their suspension of former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, saying the sports network "buys into the propaganda of ISIS and other terror organizations."
Obama marks 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, and 6th anniversary of Fox News viewers blaming him for the response to it. - The Daily Edge
- Oil steadies after strong gains as equities rally
- China's Stock Rout to Resume as Intervention Ends, Says BofA
- While Many Panicked, Japanese Day Trader Made $34 Million
- StarKist settles canned tuna lawsuit; consumers can get $25 or $50 in fish
- Billionaire hedge fund manager Dan Loeb had an Ashley Madison account
I love God. He's a builder. Made the world in 6 days. That's YUUUUUUUGE. I would have used more marble. But He did a nice job. #TrumpBible - Donald Drumpf Tweet
Apple Joins The Military Industrial Complex
The Pentagon is teaming up with Apple, Boeing, Harvard and others to develop high-tech sensory gear flexible enough to be worn by people or molded onto the outside of a jet.
FDA just approved a pill to increase women's sexual desire. It turns men into shoes.- Tina Dupuy
- Air guitarists duke it out at Finland world championships
- Police confront North Dakota students armed with telescope
- List limits booze sales for Illinois city's habitual drunks
- Sinkhole in China swallows 5 people
- Comment Card Scolds National Park For Failing To Train Bears Better
Time To Deflate Photo