Evangelicals Aim to Mobilize an Army for Republicans in 2016
One afternoon last week, David Lane watched from the sidelines as a roomful of Iowa evangelical pastors applauded a defense of religious liberty by Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. That night, he gazed out from the stage as the pastors surrounded Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana in a prayer circle.
For Mr. Lane, a onetime Bible salesman and self-described former “wild man,” ....
Under Tom Cotton's plan, we invade Iran, and then peace trickles down to the rest of the Middle East, just like when Bush invaded Iraq.- Tea Party Cat
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Saddam Hussein's tomb destroyed, but Babylon is safe as ISIS targets antiquity
- Pope Francis condemns Pakistan church attacks
- In latest testy move, Putin launches military drills in Arctic
- Putin laughs off 'rumours' over his 10-day absence
- Putin was ready for nuclear confrontation over Crimea
Before the Ides of March, Caesar was an emperor. Now he's a salad. Beware. - John Fugelsang
Delusional Conservatives On The March
Conservatives are outraged that First Lady Michelle Obama hosted a celebration of Nowruz, the Persian new year, at the White House — despite the fact that it was the George H.W. Bush White House that introduced the tradition of presidential Nowruz greetings in 1992.
Gee, if Obama loves Iran so much, why doesn't he just secretly sell arms to them? You know, like Reagan did.- Jeff Tiedrich tweet
- Tom Cotton says Iran must be stopped because ‘they already control Tehran’
- Virginia city official says God ended slavery: Jesus never told anyone to create a diversity commission
- Fox News host shreds GOP’s ‘horrific’ Iran letter: Republicans are ‘pen pals’ with the Ayatollah
- Bristol Palin gets engaged — again
"There are more words in the tax code than there are in the bible." -Ted Cruz, history's worst legal scholar. - Tina Dupuy Tweet
Fire & Brimstone Speech Terrifies Child
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was forced to pause a speech in New Hampshire on Sunday after he reportedly terrified a little girl by shouting that her “world is on fire.”
While speaking at an event sponsored by the Strafford County Republican Committee, Cruz warned that there was an “urgency to politics today that is unlike anything any of us have ever seen.”
Every time Jon Voigt goes on FOX I have to go re-watch 'Deliverance' and root for the hillbillies.- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Obama's 7 best zingers at DC insiders' annual dinner
- Michelle Obama Can't Wait to Do This When First Family Moves Out of the White House
I've got a Muslim Cousin, a Jewish Sister-in-Law, an Atheist Brother & an ex-Nun Mother. I don't get to hate anybody.- John Fugelsang
Pharrell May Have To Sell His Hats
Marvin Gaye's kids say they are considering filing another lawsuit against Pharrell Williams for copyright infringement. This time Gaye's kids say they are taking aim at the Pharrell's song "Happy," claiming it has a striking resemblance to Gaye's "Ain't That Peculiar."
President Obama is here tonight to promote a project he's been working on called the United States. There is controversy surrounding Obama's appearance on the show. This morning I got a letter from 47 Republicans telling me not to sign any deals with him.- Jimmy Kimmel
- Oil prices drop on hopes of Iran nuclear deal, low spare storage capacity
- After Six Years, U.S. Stocks are Back to Normal
- Robert Reich: Why Americans are screwed and Europeans are not
- A flying car you can buy...in 2017!
Want To Hunt Asteroids?
"Asteroid hunters." It sounds like some Hollywood blockbuster / straight-to-DVD "classic" that already exists, but now you, yes you, can be one... from your PC. NASA has launched a desktop app that recruits civilians to help identify asteroids from telescope photography, helped by a special asteroid algorithm. Scientists announced the desktop app at SXSW during in a panel discussion where they elaborated on how muggles citizen scientists were helping their efforts to identify and tag asteroids. The app is another collaboration between NASA and Planetary Resources. (It's apparently all under a Space Act agreement, which is the coolest act we've heard of in a while.)
I always liked Mitt Romney. He looks like the salesman who follows you around at Brooks Brothers. - David Letterman
St. Patrick's day! When a guy takes a break from peeing in a Coors can to complain how letting gay people in a parade offends his morality.- LOLGOP
I hope I made you smile today!
- Dolce and Gabbana say 'Boycott Elton John'
- Russian man in kilt arrested for ‘wearing a skirt in public’ at St. Patrick’s Day celebration
- US tycoon arrested in old murder, says he 'killed them all'
- NBA fan stares at phone, ball strikes her in face
- Car plows into Colorado pizza shop with woman on hood
We have had the most beautiful skies lately, even though everything is crispy on the earth. Come on, rainy season!