EPA administrator at Vatican ahead of encyclical
The head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency met Friday with Vatican officials who helped draft Pope Francis' upcoming encyclical on ecology, evidence that the Obama administration is seeking to hitch its climate-change message onto that of the popular pope.
"Pope Francis said he will not judge priests who are gay. In response, gay priests said they will not judge Pope Francis for wearing that robe with those shoes." –Conan O'Brien
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Turkey, Lebanon restart Baghdad flights after shooting, Gulf waits
- Moscow, Washington discuss possible Kerry visit to Russia: sources
- New Saudi king announces major government shake-up
Obama And The New House Of Saud
US President Barack Obama led a heavyweight delegation to Saudi Arabia Tuesday to meet new King Salman and discussed the two countries' ongoing fight against the Islamic State group.
Mitt Romney tells supporters he still loves America, but still not quite enough to pay taxes here. - Richard Hine Tweet
- Mitt Romney says he will not make 2016 White House bid
- Trump Is As Upset As Palin That O'Reilly Treated Their Reality Shows Like A Joke
- Bill Would Allow Texas Teachers To Kill Students Threatening School Property
- Sarah Palin inadvertently becomes co-chair of Hillary PAC after disastrous Iowa speech raises $25K
- Gun nuts win meeting with Texas officials they threatened to ‘hunt down’ over open carry
"President Obama is focused now on cyber security. He's pushing for new laws to protect companies from hackers. And who better to do that than the people who brought us the Obamacare website? Not only couldn't hackers get in, no one could penetrate it." –Jimmy Kimmel
The Pope Is Being Christian Again!
Starting in mid-February, Rome’s homeless will be able to get free shaves and haircuts every Monday at the Vatican.
Volunteer barbers who usually have that day off will provide the services. The program will rely heavily on donated razors, scissors, and other equipment, much of which has already been given to the Holy See.
I felt a disturbance in the force -as if millions of old Mitt Romney jokes cried that they couldn't live again, then suddenly silence.- John Fugelsang
Rock The Voter News
- Obama to request $1 billion from Congress to help Central America
- John Kerry fined $50 for failing to shovel snow outside home
"The IRS suggests filing early to reduce the chance that someone will steal your identity and file before you. Honestly, if somebody wants my identity so badly they'll file my tax return for me, go crazy. You can mow my lawn while you're at it, too." –Jimmy Kimmel
Slip Sliding Away
A Florida prosecutor announced on Friday he will not pursue charges against former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman stemming from a domestic incident earlier this month after the alleged victim recanted.
Mitt Romney: "Much like Jimmy Carter, I will dedicate myself to eradicating poverty. In my case by building 'Car Elevators for Humanity'"- The Daily Edge Tweet
Science Deniers Won't Like This
Gene research is getting a boost on both sides of the Atlantic, with scientists in England set to launch a project on Feb. 2 to analyze 100,000 entire human genomes and U.S. President Barack Obama backing a big new DNA data drive.
Keystone XL is like Canada sharing their cable service w/China but running the actual cable through your apartment and you pay if it breaks.- John Fugelsang
- Chevron Profits Fall to Lowest Since 2009 as Oil Prices Collapse
- US economy cools in fourth quarter, but consumer spending shines
- Myanmar opens deep sea port for Chinese oil pipeline
- Russia cuts key rate to help economy, leaving ruble to drop
Dartmouth College bans hard liquor: Can booze limits improve student safety?
Dartmouth College, a school with a notoriously rowdy and widespread Greek culture, is taking action to curb misconduct on the Hanover, N.H., campus by banning hard liquor.
If Mitt doesn't run, I want to thank him in advance for weeks of blowing foul wind on Jeb's candidacy.- LOLGOP
Low Gas Prices = Job Layoffs
Profits for companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 index are expected to grow at one of the lowest rates in years, just 1.4 percent. The culprit: Energy companies that suffered as oil prices plunged.
If you want to go to the Super Bowl in Phoenix, it will cost you a lot of money, double what they were last year. The average asking price is around $6,000 per ticket. Do people not know the game is on television this year?- Jimmy Kimmel
- Johnny Depp: 'I Was Attacked By A Chupacabra'
- Maui fisherman reels in tiger shark, gets bitten
- Man who died in 2012 gets reappointed to county board
- Plane makes Emergency Landing after its Pilot gets locked out of Cockpit
- Indiana city parking meters besieged with crow droppings
- Pair of Ice Climbers Are First to Ascend Frozen Niagara Falls
Time To Deflate Photo
I don't know where this is, but I want to be there!