U.S. military sexual assault reports jumped 50 percent last year
Reported sexual assaults in the U.S. military jumped 50 percent last year amid a high-profile crackdown on the problem, the Pentagon said on Thursday, a spike officials hailed as a sign victims are increasingly confident the crime will be prosecuted.
“Most men fear getting laughed at or humiliated by a romantic prospect while most women fear rape and death.”
― Gavin de Becker, The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence
The World Is A Safer Place Without Saddam
- Dem Congresswoman: Iraq ‘Perhaps the Most Catastrophic War of the 20th Century’
- Martin McGuinness: "Gerry Adams' arrest is an attempt to influence elections"
- Malaysia reveals how long lost jetliner went unnoticed
- Ukraine renews military draft as unrest intensifies
The GOP. More concerned with who pays for their insurance than who'd pay for the Iraq War. - LOLGOP
55 Universities Not Protecting Women From Rape
Federal investigators are checking whether 55 colleges and universities illegally handled sexual violence and harassment complaints, the U.S. Department of Education said Thursday.
Someone who doesn't want to associate with black people owning an NBA franchise is like a vegan buying a steakhouse.- Jimmy Kimmel
- Pat Robertson: Don’t try to prove God exists to atheist ‘swine’ on Facebook and Twitter
- A busy Santorum courts Republican establishment
- Oklahoma Prison Chief Calls for Execution Review
- General: Military should've tried to rescue Benghazi Americans
Christian Historian: Women Should Not Vote
A so-called “historian” who Glenn Beck hired to teach at his online university insisted this week that women had originally been denied the right to vote “to keep the family together,” and for the good of “the entire culture and society.”
Rock The Voter News
- Rape crisis center scolds Texas judge after she sentences rapist to work with victims there
- KKK neighborhood watch proposal makes Pennsylvania townsfolk uneasy
In the middle of his second term, President Obama's approval rating once again has dropped. Obama's approval rating is so low that today Hillary Clinton said, "I'll take it from here." - David Letterman
After FOUR AMERICANS DIED in Benghazi, Obama should've resigned, just like Reagan did after 241 Americans died in Beruit.- Top Conservative Cate tweet
- Microsoft backs down, will fix Internet Explorer vulnerability—even on Windows XP
- Maggots found in Whole Foods meat case, health officials say they’re not moving fast enough to fix the problem
- Town lifts decades-old arcade game ban
A New York man is being sued for a quarter of a million dollars after his ex-girlfriend claimed he harassed her with nearly a hundred emails. If 100 emails are worth a quarter of a million dollars, that means Crate & Barrel owes me $256 billion.- Seth Myers
Justice and Money
Reports that Credit Suisse (CS) and BNP Paribas (BNPQY) may be hit with criminal charges stunned Wall Street Wednesday as it potentially marks a dramatic shift in how Federal prosecutors look at the financial services industry.
Since the 2008 crisis and up to and including JPMorgan's (JPM) settlement for enabling Bernie Madoff earlier this year, U.S. regulators have typically sought to settle cases of alleged misdeeds rather than pursue criminal charges. Typically, the big banks pay a fine without having to admit to any wrongdoing and no senior executives have suffered anything more than, perhaps, deferred bonuses.
- Florida woman suffers from burns after making margaritas
- Woman takes $10K necklace in for repairs, says jewelry store gave her a $50 knockoff back
- 62 NJ students arrested after sticky, messy senior prank goes bad
- No pictures! Squirrel pulls a Baldwin on selfie-taking teen
Time To Deflate Photo